Kernel oops in kupdated

Rob Park rbpark at ualberta.ca
Wed Jan 1 04:30:46 PST 2003

Alas! Ian Molton spake thus:
> Oh, and 55 degrees is harmless for an Athlon / duron - dont worry about
> it.

The motherboard has CPU Overheat protection, in which it reboots the
machine when it exceeds a certain (dangerous) temp. Since I can't get
lm_sensors to work, my only knowledge of CPU temp is what the BIOS tells
me, which isn't very helpful when compiling.

Anyway, CPU Overheat Protection kicked in once, while compiling
something or other (probably glibc, maybe gcc). So, I'd really like an
extra case fan ;)

--
Rob Park
http://www.ualberta.ca/~rbpark