Keyboard

Todd V. Rovito rovitotv at stargt.com
Thu Oct 31 19:02:06 PST 2002

Thus spake Tom Condon (tomc at eskimo.com):
> I'm building LFS 3.3 on a Sony Vaio laptop.  I've gotten to the
> section of chapter 6 on Configuring Essential Software.  On
> Configuring your keyboard it says you can skip this section if
> you have a US default keyboard.  Since it is a US laptop, it should
> be close to the default.  But how do I know on this
> laptop (with the special keys on a laptop for power and
> shutdown, etc.) what the keyboard is?
I have a Sony Vaio Laptop and I used the default US keyboard.  Everything works
fine.  To get the special keys to work on the Vaio you need to load a kernel
module CONFIG_SONYPI, under character devices towards the bottom on make
menuconfig.  The usual documentation can be found in your kernel tree
Documentation/sonypi.txt.  For power issues you have to load ACPI which required a
kernel patch for me (2.4.19).  Look at the following web site:
	http://acpi.sourceforge.net/

In order to activate ACPI in the kernel you have to choose Prompt for development
and/or incomplete code/drivers since ACPI is experimental.  Which model of Vaio do
you have?  Good luck.

--
Todd V. Rovito
rovitotv at stargt.com