blank screen

Ken Dyke ken_i_m at elegantinnovations.net
Thu Oct 31 16:47:10 PST 2002

On Thu, 2002-10-31 at 15:01, Жаданов Игорь wrote:
> KD> Did you compile the kernel for the appropriate cpu?
>    Yeah, cpu is chosen correctly.
>
>    When I recompiled kernel with default configuration (with right cpu
>    chosen) it is starting.
>    But when I compiled kernel with only needed modules I had got the
>    same thing. :(

Let me restate that so that it is clear we understand each other.

When you recompiled with default settings -> LFS booted.
Then you recompiled with "only needed modules" and it would not boot.
Then you have left something out that is needed.
Given all this as true, I need more information to troubleshoot.

Note: if someone else wants to step in here, feel free.  I am leaving
for a LUG meeting and will not be back until late tonight.

--
I think, therefore, ken_i_m
Chief Gadgeteer,