/boot/initrd ???

Stefan Krah sfk1 at bigfoot.com
Thu Oct 31 05:53:55 PST 2002

Timm F. Gloger <timm.gloger at web.de> wrote:
> here is my lilo.conf
> it is copied from a SuSE 8.0 pro distro.

[cut]

> image = /boot/vmlinuz.suse
> label = failsafe
> root = /dev/hda4
> vga = 791
> initrd = /boot/initrd.suse
> append = "ide=nodma apm=off acpi=off"
> optional

[cut]

> image=/boot/lfskernel
> label="LFS [20021025]"
> root=/dev/hda6
> read-only
  ^^^^^^^^^

You can omit this, since it is already in the global section. But you
should put vga = 791 in the lfs image section or move vga = 791 to the
global section. In the latter case you can (have to?) delete vga = 791
from the suse image sections.

Now to the question: If you boot your *host distro* and execute /sbin/lilo
from there (*not from chroot*) I can't see why you get that error message.
Of course, the /boot/initrd* files have to exist (non-zero length) and
lfskernel has to be in /boot. And I'm speaking of the *host distro's*
/boot.

Stefan Krah
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org