/boot/initrd ???

Bill Maltby - LFS Related lfsbill at wlmcs.com
Thu Oct 31 05:16:33 PST 2002

On Thu, 31 Oct 2002, Timm F. Gloger wrote:

>here is my lilo.conf
>it is copied from a SuSE 8.0 pro distro.
>
>boot = /dev/hda
>change-rules
>reset
>read-only
>menu-scheme = Wg:kw:Wg:Wg
>lba32
>prompt
>timeout = 80
>message = /boot/message
>
>image = /boot/vmlinuz
>label = linux
>root = /dev/hda4
>vga = 791
>initrd = /boot/initrd
>
>image = /boot/vmlinuz.suse
>label = failsafe
>root = /dev/hda4
>vga = 791
>initrd = /boot/initrd.suse
>append = "ide=nodma apm=off acpi=off"
>optional
>
>other = /dev/hda1
>label = windows
>
>image = /boot/memtest.bin
>label = memtest86
>
>image=/boot/lfskernel
>label="LFS [20021025]"
>root=/dev/hda6
>read-only
>
>hope this will help you to help me
>timm

My guess is that the initial ramdisk is not found in *both* */boot
directories. IIRC, (I haven't looked at that part of the book in awhile),
the book doesn't copy initrd images to the new boot directory. I posted
regarding this many moons ago. Just copy the initial ramdisk images from
your original host's /boot to the $LFS/boot and then you should be good to
go.

BTW, a variation on the copy of the images, with some added sort/uniq
processing to eliminate redundancies, can be used to automatically copy
the initrd images as well. This is what my BILLS' scripts do.

--
Bill Maltby
billm at wlmcs.com

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org