GCC-3.2 SEGFAULT

Gregory Davis GregDavis at umbc.edu
Wed Oct 30 14:19:40 PST 2002

<posted & mailed>

liberiotux wrote:

> I tried a lot of distibution to compila my LFS and I have always the same
> problem with gcc 3.2.
> I've ever posted message about my problem on this mailling list but on my
> two PC, I have the problem : A Celeron 466A and a AMD Athlon.
> I use the commands of the LFS Book 4.0 and I have segmentation fault error
> but when I restart tha copilation, The error appear for the compilation of
> an other file. I don't understand.
> Excuse my English...

What were the files?  I am having two problems:  with verify.cc when
compiling the java compiler, and another with locale-something.cc when I
deleted the build directory and tried just building for c and c++.  Applied
patch to gcc, and also glibc.  Did not include the glibc patch when in
chapter 6, just when compiling static.  Is that a bug in the book?  Host
system is Mandrake 9 with glibc 2.2.5.

Greg
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org