Fighting gcc 3.2 again.

Ian Molton spyro at f2s.com
Wed Oct 30 14:11:29 PST 2002

On Wed, 30 Oct 2002 17:48:24 +0100
kaiyi lin <kaiyilin at compuserve.de> wrote:

> Finally I made it. I just installed all SW in chapter 6 successfully.
> For gcc 3.2 I just "make" it 3 times. My PC gave errors for 1 time and
> I compiled again and again. Then it worked.

You really need to fix that. its classic 'dying machine' behaviour.

its caused by (primarily) (and in order of most common):

Overclocking
Overheating (beyond 60 odd degrees can make athlonsis very unhappy)
bad / faulty RAM
PSU inadequacy (300W is enough, but most 300W PSUs are rather poorly
                regulated)
dodgy mobo
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org