/boot/initrd ???

Bill Maltby - LFS Related lfsbill at wlmcs.com
Wed Oct 30 13:08:16 PST 2002

On Wed, 30 Oct 2002, Timm F. Gloger wrote:
>/sbin/lilo fails with the following errormsg. :
>"Fatal: open /boot/initrd: No such file or directory"
>
>i looked up mknod manpage but it didnt find any possibility to fix my error.

Why would you look up mknod to fix a missing initial ram disk specified in
your lilo.conf? Do you need an initial ram disk? If not, remove the
specification from the entry in the lilo.conf. Did you just copy your
host's lilo.conf? That's not always good since you just built your own
"distro" that may look nothing like the original host.

--
Bill Maltby
billm at wlmcs.com

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org