ifconfig.*: No such file or directory

rchurcher rchurcher at xtra.co.nz
Wed Oct 30 12:40:36 PST 2002

Finally got LFS working after simplifying the partition structure and
replacing the flaky RedHat beta host system with Slackware. However,
there is one niggling problem remaining. I must have missed a step
somewhere, but don't quite know how to correct it. At the end of
startup, the following message is issued:

  grep: /etc/sysconfig/network-devices/ifconfig.*: No such file or
directory

The system seems to work pretty well even with the error, but of course
I'd like to correct the problem. Where do I look?

--
Cheers,
Rich.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org