Invaild user in Netkit

Jens Emmel jens.emmel at hansenet.de
Wed Oct 30 09:40:30 PST 2002

[ ... }

> Mostly. -o root and -g root serve no useful purpose whatsoever, and
> cause errors when an installer takes some security precautions.
> Taking -o root out of the make file did no harm, but getting "invalid
> user `root'" is suspicious.
>
> Did you do the "exec /bin/bash --login" after re-installing bash?

Yes, I did!
I sit here quiet some hrs and everthings worked fine until this and continuing
I experienced the same with sysvint-2.84.

make: Entering directory `/usr/src/sysvinit-2.84/src'
install -o root -g root -m 755 halt init killall5 sulogin \
~               runlevel shutdown /sbin
install: invalid user `root'
make: *** [install] Error 1
make: Leaving directory `/usr/src/sysvinit-2.84/src'

So, I guess it's me somewhere in the past... ;)

I added root to the group 'root' in /etc/group, but i did not seem to help.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org