unable to open an initial console

Lawrence O'Sullivan lawrence.osullivan at 141.com
Tue Oct 29 13:51:07 PST 2002

Hi!

I could use some help with my LFS system. Everything was finished and seemed to compile corrctly, but the new LFS
system doesn't run. Iget the following error:

	Freeing unused kernel memory: 140k freed
	Warning: unable to open an initial console
	Kernel Panic: Attempted to kill init

I'm using LFS4.0. My original system is Mandrake 8.0. The system is on a QLITech Emperor laptop (same as Dell
Inspiron 5000e), Pentium III 1GZh, 256mg RAM and 2gb for the LFS partition.

I've tried the suggestions from the archives. Didn't find anything useful on google, etc. I'm still pulling my hair out.
Attached is a text file with a listing from mnt/lfs/dev, lilo.conf, fstab, and inittab.

Thanks
Lawrence