Compiling psmisc-21 fails.

Greg Schafer gschafer at zip.com.au
Tue Oct 29 12:22:27 PST 2002

On Tue, Oct 29, 2002 at 08:37:52PM +0100, Robert Larsen wrote:
> Hello all
>
> I'm trying to install LFS 4.0 but in chapter 6 when I compile psmisc-21
> I get the following error:

> gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I..     -Wall
> -DLOCALEDIR=\"/usr/share/locale\" -c signals.c
> /bin/sh ../libtool --mode=link gcc  -Wall
> -DLOCALEDIR=\"/usr/share/locale\"  -o fuser  fuser.o signals.o
> libtool: ltconfig version `' does not match ltmain.sh version `1.3.3'
> Fatal configuration error.  See the libtool docs for more information.
> make[2]: *** [fuser] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/psmisc-21/src'
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/psmisc-21'
> make: *** [all] Error 2
> root:/usr/src/psmisc-21#
>

> Any ideas ?

That error normally happens when running "libtoolize" on a package that
has already been "libtoolized" but with an earlier version. I cannot
imgaine you running libtoolize on purpose, so the only possibilities I
can think of are:-

 - you patched psmisc somehow that caused libtoolize to be run
 - you have sort of date issue that has caused the datestamps to get
   mixed up and thus confused the Makefile dependencies.

Greg
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org