Compiling vim

Chris Wesdorp chriswesdorp at planet.nl
Tue Oct 29 09:21:05 PST 2002

A (very) long time ago the first linux distro i installed was RedHat
5.2. This distro came with vim, i really love this editor for editing
the system config files in bash.

But when i started the vim on the RH-box the 'GUI' came up, and when i
exited vim i returned to the prompt without seeing the last lines of
vim. On my new LFS 4 box when i exit vim the line remain on the screen
until i executed that many commands that the line disapear. When i exit
vim the prompt shouldn't be on the last line of the screen but directly
under the last prompt.

My question is, how do i configure vim that the gui disappears from the
screen when i exit vim in the console.

Chris Wesdorp

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org