e2fsck

Stefan Riha s.riha at gmx.at
Mon Oct 28 10:39:01 PST 2002

Now i have a new problem with my LFS System. Since a day i have found the
following error message in my log file:
Oct 28 18:57:53 steve_linux kernel: EXT3-fs warning: maximal mount count
reached, running e2fsck is recommended

How doas i could configurate my system that i run e2fsck from time to time?

And i have also an other question:

I have the following /etc/fstab file:
# Begin /etc/fstab

# filesystem mount-point fs-type   options dump fsck-order

/dev/hdb2       /                   ext3            defaults
1       0
/dev/hdb1       /boot            ext3            defaults                1
0
/dev/hdb3       /home           ext3            defaults                1
0
/dev/hdb4      swap             swap           pri=1                   0
0
proc              /proc             proc           defaults
0       0
devpts           /dev/pts         devpts         gid=4,mode=620 0       0
usbdevfs       /proc/bus/usb usbdevfs     defaults                 0       0

And i have the following output of mount:
rootfs on / type rootfs (rw)
/dev/root on / type ext3 (rw)
proc on /proc type proc (rw)
/dev/hdb1 on /boot type ext3 (rw)
/dev/hdb3 on /home type ext3 (rw)
devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw)
usbdevfs on /proc/bus/usb type usbdevfs (rw)
/dev/fd0 on /mnt type vfat (rw)

I have a problem with the first two lines of the mount output.
Is this the same like
/dev/hdb2 on / type ext3 (rw)

I hope you can help me and please write back.

MFG
Stefan Riha

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org