can't avoid segmentation fault problem

Mark Vickers mark at nouce.mtvickers.freeserve.co.uk
Mon Oct 28 00:40:32 PST 2002

"Mark Vickers" wrote
> Is it possible I need to get rid of the previously installed binaries as
> well? I couldn't follow the text that comes out on an install so I'm
unsure
> if it overwrote the version of ls that gave the segmentation fault or if
it
> thought that the binary was up to date and just left it. Does it do this?
> I'll try again later and see if the date on the file changes.

Well I've tried it every which way now. I checked that the installation
updated the previously installed binaries once the patch had been applied
and it did.
Unless anyone has any bright ideas I have to conclude that it is not
possible to build an LFS system on my PC :o(

Has anyone else built LFS on an AMD 1.4GHz with RedHat 7.3? If so did you
encounter the segmentation fault when building fileutils?

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org