Problem compiling GCC

Robert Larsen robert at the-playground.dk
Sun Oct 27 10:38:16 PST 2002

Chris Lingard wrote:

>Robert Larsen wrote:
>

>>Hi all
>>
>>I have a problem installing LFS. In chapter 6 when installing GCC I get
>>this:
>>
>>I have no name!:/usr/src/gcc-3.2# patch -Np1 -i ../gcc-3.2.patch &&
>>

>Sorry, thought you were compiling glibc.
>
>You need glibc installed to get rid of that "I have no name"
>
>What went wrong with your glib build?

Hmm...not sure but I recompiled and then the "I have no name" thing
disappeared. But during recompiling glibc my 'puter was resat several
times for no apparent reason. I'm recompiling gcc now but it also resets
the machine all the time so I'm interrupting the build from time to time
and making backup copies. Is there a memory leak in 'make' or something
? Because my solution with backing up sucks !!

Robert

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org