libcurses problem

mbunter mbunter at wanadoo.fr
Sun Oct 27 06:50:47 PST 2002

Hello to all and sundry,

Just started doing the Linux From Scratch thing (3.3). I installed the
minimum RH7.2 (2.4.7-10) setup, got the tarfile of all the lfs packages and
have done everything in the 3.3 book up to The Installing Bash section.
Everything seems to be in their correct places.

It notes that I have to have /usr/lib/libcurses.a and /usr/lib/libncurses.a

I installed the ncurses-devel-5.2-12 rpm since it wasn't installed as part
of my initial setup.

Now I have libcurses.so and libcurses.a but still no libncurses.a file. I
see from the instructions in the book that a symlink can be created but this
is only if the libcurses file is missing - it makes not mention if the
libncurses file is missing.

Can anybody suggest what I need to do to continue the LFS installation?

Regards,

Matt

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org