problems with network upbringing in LFS 3.3 (fwd)

Pawel J. Maczewski pjmacz at slcj.uw.edu.pl
Sun Oct 27 00:46:27 PDT 2002

Hi,
  I have made the installation exactly as was said in the LSF 3.3 book.
Now I have configured everything and it is time to enjoy my new linux, go
to the BLFS, etc, etc... But a problem appeared. When I reboot my computer
to lfs-system, during the boot-time some messages appear:

[...]
Bringing up the eth0 interface
SIOCSIFADDR: No such device
eth0: unknown interface: No such device
SIOCSIFNETMASK: No such device
SIOCSIFBRDADDR: No such device
eth0: unknown interface: No such device
Setting up defaulf gateway...
SIOCADDRT: No such device

then the message appears telling it's problem during run of the
/etc/rc.d/rc3.d/S20network script.

Below, there is my /etc/modules.conf file:
--- BEGIN /etc/modules.conf ---
alias eth0 8139too
--- END /etc/modules.conf ---

I know i haven't do something well during the installation, something was
not done. But, I'm sure i did EVERYTHING was said in the Book to be done.
What should I do?

regards,
 Paul

--