glibc-2.2.5 ch.6 compilation trouble, book 3.3

Tomasz Korycki engine2 at flow.mine.nu
Sat Oct 26 23:57:15 PDT 2002

Hi,

Well, I liked the idea, so I decided to give it a go. Got through chapter 5
without issues, started on 6. After a while compiling (well, actually
linking) glibc-2.2.5, I got the error (name clash):
/usr/src/glibc-build/lib_pic.a(init-firs.os)(.data+0x0): multiple
definition of `__libc_multiple_libcs'
/usr/src/glibc-build/elf/dl-allobjs.os(.data+0x2c): first defined here

Searched through old posts and found a bunch of messages talking about this
problem, but: I do not use any optimizations, following the book strictly.

gcc is 2.95.3, libc on the host system is clean 2.2.5, done from the same
sources - not that it matters now, but maybe it did in chapter 5? Static
gcc is the same version.

Has anyone seen it? Did I not look somewhere I should have (tried the FAQ,
too)? Can anyone tell me what should I do/where should I look to get this
thing going?

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org