FW: Problem with static binutils

Dagmar d'Surreal dagmar at speakeasy.net
Sat Oct 26 15:00:29 PDT 2002

On Sat, 26 Oct 2002, Grant Leslie wrote:

> > > Er. no you cant...
> >
> > Yes, you _can_.
> >
> > dagmar at evil:~/tmp$ tar -zxvf ../NVIDIA_kernel-1.0-3123.tar.gz
> > NVIDIA_kernel-1.0-3123/
> > NVIDIA_kernel-1.0-3123/nv.c
> > NVIDIA_kernel-1.0-3123/os-interface.c
> > NVIDIA_kernel-1.0-3123/os-registry.c
> > NVIDIA_kernel-1.0-3123/os-interface.h
> > NVIDIA_kernel-1.0-3123/nv-linux.h
> > NVIDIA_kernel-1.0-3123/nv-misc.h
> > NVIDIA_kernel-1.0-3123/nv.h
> > NVIDIA_kernel-1.0-3123/nv-ids.h
> > NVIDIA_kernel-1.0-3123/rmretval.h
> > NVIDIA_kernel-1.0-3123/nvtypes.h
> > NVIDIA_kernel-1.0-3123/nv_ref.h
> > NVIDIA_kernel-1.0-3123/README
> > NVIDIA_kernel-1.0-3123/makedevices.sh
> > NVIDIA_kernel-1.0-3123/Makefile
> > NVIDIA_kernel-1.0-3123/Module-nvkernel
> >
> > I grow weary of your idiotic campaign to contest and challenge every
> > little thing I say on these lists.
> >
> > *plonk*
>
> err... so sorry... but, you're only about 1/4 right
>
> Sorry, take a closer look at the make file, and the contents extracted, the
> only source included there, is the kernel specific interface code. The file
> Module-nvkernel is a closed source library ( who's magical workings, and
> secret spells can only be learned from the master wizards by signing an
> NDA ), which is linked in with the object code produced by the included
> source code skeleton, to produce the kernel module, in question. *phew*

...but still, I'm certainly more right than that.  If I can get source by
signing an NDA, then I can get source... and there is also the GLX module
to be considered.  The kernel module is pretty useless on it's own.

...and he's still staying plonked because of his continual pathetic
attempts to waste my time.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org