rebooting into lfs fails when loading kernel ..............reboot!

Ian Molton spyro at f2s.com
Sat Oct 26 08:42:08 PDT 2002

On Sun, 27 Oct 2002 01:27:09 +1000
"john smith" <no at thanks.com> wrote:

> This is my first expierience at compiling a kernel so forgive me if
> this should be obvious.

No prob.

> When I compiled the kernel I used make menuconfig and didn't change
> anything from the defaults that were there..

Thats your problem...

I think the default is i686 these days, and the K6-II is a sort of i586+

you should probably run through the other options too - for example,
enable ide-scsi support and scsi-generic if you have a CDRW drive, or
turn of the myriad IDE bugfixes for machines you probably dont own.

> I will have a look for
> cpu type.. could it be some other configuration option?

most likely CPU type.

> thanks.

No prob.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org