Book 4 e2fsprogs install instructions

drharlan at pacbell.net drharlan at pacbell.net
Fri Oct 25 22:50:24 PDT 2002

After following the book up through chapter 6, I finished the install
of e2fsprogs with the last listed script:

install-info /usr/share/info/libext2fs.info /usr/share/info/dir".

I got an error that indicated there is no usr/share/info.  Well, from my
parent system that is what I would expect, since there, the infos are
under usr, usr/local and usr/X11R6.  So I changed the instruction
replacing /usr/share with /usr and it ran without error.

Is this a typo, or did I miss something earlier ?
--
Regards,

Wayne E. Harlan

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org