initrd, /dev/root, VFS, 2.4.19 heaven :-)

martial daumas martial at nasgaia.org
Fri Oct 25 16:59:07 PDT 2002

Le Thu, 24 Oct 2002 11:00:40 +0000 (UTC)
hello,

richard at nezumi.plus.com (Richard Lightman) a écris:

> I think so.
> I you are feeling enthusiastic, you can add busybox. Busybox is one
> small program that does the work of everything you want in an initrd.
> It can be configured to not include everything you do not want.

I'll take some time this week end to try to write a first draft of that hint,
trying to keep it smaller and simplest as possible (not in my habits ;o).

I've already heard busybox, but never really took time to see what it is,
this time i grabbed and compiled it - that's great. I don't know if i'll use
it for ou initrd, but i can see a lot of nice possibility that i would have missed
without that excellent software. I'll try to include a version using it in the hint

ciao ;o)=

--
Martial Daumas
Nasgaïa Gnu/linux http://www.nasgaia.org/