it's very strange..

Matthias Benkmann matthias at winterdrache.de
Fri Oct 25 12:53:53 PDT 2002

On Fri, 25 Oct 2002 21:48:59 +0200 Matthias Benkmann
<matthias at winterdrache.de> wrote:

> On Fri, 25 Oct 2002 21:39:17 +0200 John Nielsen
> <da02043 at mail.ikasths.dk> wrote:
>
> >  why not just do a for f in * ; do
>
> I like to keep patching to a minimum, but this is just a matter of
> taste. Patching all programs will work just fine.

That should be "should work just fine". I believe patching binutils and
gcc should be avoided. We don't want "LD_LIBERRY_PATH" to end up hardcoded
somewhere in our new binaries instead of "LD_LIBRARY_PATH". If you patch
all programs, could you do a find -exec grep LD_LIBERRY_PATH over the
whole disk (be sure to exclude /proc from the scan!!!) to see if it leaves
any traces once your system is complete.

MSB

--
Vacuum cleaners suck!

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org