glibc 2.1.3 and LFS

Andre Jochems AJochems at ennia.com
Fri Oct 25 04:36:26 PDT 2002

Hi,
Since i got no answer to my prior question i try refrasing it,

I build an LFS 3.3 system and i am very impressed by it. I want to use it as basis for an Oracle database server but that needs glibc 2.1.3 because the binaries it comes with are build against it. Is there a way of replacing the glibc 2.2.5 from LFS 3.3 by 2.1.3 or am i breaking things then. If i try building it according to the LFS 2.4 version it gives an error during make install while executing libc-texinfo.sh. The error is: -: ./stdio.texi:2491: First argument to cross-reference may not be empty.

Is it because of dependenies, if yes what other packages do i need to replace or by replacing one i will end up breaking all? Should i switch entirely to version 2.4? Is it as stable as LFS 3.3 or does it have a lot of problems.

I hope somebody can help me on my way!

Regards,

Andre Jochems

DISCLAIMER
individual named. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that
disclosing, copying, distributing or taking action in reliance on the contents of this
information, is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Please notify the sender
immediately by email if you have received this email by mistake and delete this
email from your system.
Warning: Computer viruses can be transmitted via email. The recipient should
check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company
accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org