can't avoid segmentation fault problem

Mark Vickers mark at nouce.mtvickers.freeserve.co.uk
Fri Oct 25 00:26:45 PDT 2002

"Dan Osterrath" wrote

> Probably the sig11 faq could help you?!?
> Sorry, no link in my brain but google should be smart enough.

Found the sig11 faq at http://www.bitwizard.nl/sig11/. However this appears
to be talking about unexpected sig11's caused by a hardware fault. What I'm
experiencing is an expected segmentation fault. It says this might happen in
the LFS book when building an LFS system on an AMD cpu. The problem is the
work around doesn't work in my case.

I don't get segmentation faults with anything else (except when I do
something silly in a program :o) so I couldn't find anything in the FAQ to
help.

Mark

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org