can't avoid segmentation fault problem

Mark Vickers mark at nouce.mtvickers.freeserve.co.uk
Thu Oct 24 15:03:12 PDT 2002

Hi,
I just started trying to create an LFS 4.0 system. I've got as far as trying
to install a static linked version of the fileutils package in Chapter 5.
The book talks about avoiding a segmentation fault by applying a patch. I've
now tried installing fileutils with and without the patch but in both
scenarios I get a segmentation fault when I do $LFS/static/bin/ls to test
for the problem. I've been very careful in follwoing the book exactly.
I'm building LFS with RedHat7.3 on an AMD Athlon 1.4GHz with 256Mb of RAM.
Can anyone help?
Thanks
Mark

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org