cannot run suid

Bryan Breen Bryan.C.Breen.1 at gsfc.nasa.gov
Thu Oct 24 14:50:41 PDT 2002

At 11:03 10/24/02 -0500, Tushar T wrote:
>Fauzie Wiriadisastra wrote:
>> just as I expected. I just realized that I cannot run su as a regular
>> user. (I can run it, but the system always rejects my password). What
>> did I do wrong? Or rather, how can I find the problem? Thanks.
>
>Check the su permissions and ownerships.
>
>    ls -l `type -p su`

It sounds like the permissions on su are correct for him. He was able to
run it and have it ask for a password, but it's not accepting his password.
(Of course, assuming he's typing is password correctly..) su is just not
liking the user that is trying to use it.

Fauzie, what do you have in your /etc/suauth file? That defines what
user/group privilege types exist to use the su command.

- Bryan

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org