Is it possible to install glibc 2.1.3 with LFS 3.3?

Andre Jochems AJochems at ennia.com
Thu Oct 24 08:44:28 PDT 2002

Hi,
I am using LFS 3.3 as basis for building an Oracle Database server. The database installation requieres glibc 2.1.3 to function correctly. I used LFS 3.3 as basis for the Oracle installation but comes with glibc 2.2.5. If i try to replace the version with 2.1.3 i get the following error:

-: AWK=gawk /bin/sh libc-texinfo.sh 'intro.texi errno.texi memory.texi ctype.texi string.texi charset.texi locale.texi message.texi search.texi pattern.texi io.texi stdio.texi llio.texi filesys.texi pipe.texi socket.texi terminal.texi math.texi arith.texi time.texi setjmp.texi signal.texi startup.texi process.texi job.texi nss.texi users.texi sysinfo.texi conf.texi' '../crypt/crypt.texi ./linuxthreads/linuxthreads.texi' 'lang.texi header.texi install.texi maint.texi contrib.texi'
-: LANGUAGE=C LC_ALL=C makeinfo libc.texinfo
-: ./stdio.texi:2491: First argument to cross-reference may not be empty.
-: ./stdio.texi:2492: First argument to cross-reference may not be empty.
-: makeinfo: Removing output file `/usr/src/glibc-2.1.3/manual/libc.info' due to errors; use --force to preserve.
-: make[2]: *** [libc.info] Error 2
-: make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/glibc-2.1.3/manual'
-: make[1]: *** [manual/subdir_install] Error 2
-: make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/glibc-2.1.3'
-: make: *** [install] Error 2
I: Log file stored in "/root/.nALFS/packages/glibc-2.1.3.log".
I: Sending the package log to the frontend...
E: Execution failed (2).

Am i braking other dependencies here or is glibc 2.1.3 depending on things that are now longer available in LFS 3.3? Do i simply need to use an older version of LFS?
Thank you for your help,
Andre Jochems

DISCLAIMER
individual named. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that
disclosing, copying, distributing or taking action in reliance on the contents of this
information, is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Please notify the sender
immediately by email if you have received this email by mistake and delete this
email from your system.
Warning: Computer viruses can be transmitted via email. The recipient should
check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company
accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org