gcc 3.2 compile errors

Conrad Newton conrad.newton at broadpark.no
Wed Oct 23 10:39:33 PDT 2002

kaiyi lin on Wed, Oct 23, 2002 at 05:50:19PM +0200:
> exactly, I tested yesterday like this. At firstly compiled gcc 3.2 fresh
> from Source and have one exit error. I then let my computer run for 5
> hours (let it do whatever it likes, mostly idle anyway). I compiled
> again after the first 5 hours and Got totally different error. I tried
> afterwards once again some time later and got another new error msg.
> I assume that my CPU have overheat problem. I will check it with some
> SW under windows and report them again.

It is quite likely that you will experience no problem at all
with Windows software, since it does not stress the hardware
to the same extent that Linux does.  You are likely to experience
problems only under the most demanding circumstances, such as
compilation of gcc, glibc, or the kernel.

I had my computer for four years before I even noticed that
there was a problem---when I started to compile everything
from source.  Otherwise, everything works just great.

Conrad

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org