Bootscripts 1.10

ivo van doorn ivd at euronet.nl
Wed Oct 23 10:38:40 PDT 2002

Mathias Wiegard wrote:

> Hi,
> I didn't understand this: do I have to install the bootscripts when I'm
> planning to use BSD-style init or not?
> Mat

Taken from the book:
We will be using SysV style init scripts. We have chosen this style
because it is widely used and we feel comfortable with it. If you would
prefer to try something else, Marc Heerdink has written a hint about BSD
style init scripts, which may be found at
http://hints.linuxfromscratch.org/hints/bsd-init.txt.

If you decide to use BSD style, or some other style scripts, you can
skip Chapter 7 when you arrive at it and move on to Chapter 8.

So if you want a BSD style don't install bootscripts but go to:
http://hints.linuxfromscratch.org/hints/bsd-init.txt.

And skip Chapter 7

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org