using non HDD system as host

Matthew Burgess ca9mbu at eos.sunderland.ac.uk
Wed Oct 23 09:19:07 PDT 2002

""Eric Miller"" <emiller at techskills.com> wrote
> - The CD systems (knoppix, Chris's LFS CD, etc.) come in an .iso.  How do
> you include the LFS source tarball on the cd?  I can't seem to umount any
CD
> system (makes sense) so I can't just pop it out and put the CD in with the
> tar.  Is there some way to burn the .iso w/ the source tarball?

I believe there are instructions on how to re-burn Knoppix adding additional
binaries/sources/whatever are available in the Knoppix forums hosted by
linuxtag: http://www.linuxtag.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=knoppix-en.
Note though that the Knoppix distro is already pretty close to filling an
entire CD already though, so you may need to do some digging around on the
CD itself to see if there's anything you don't need and remove that first.

> How did you guys address the swap problem?  I think I want to use Chris'
> disk, its solid.  What does that use for swap, and whats the best way to
> address this? see previous post and Mr. Lightmans response.

I'd suggest you simply make the swap partition on a partition on your hard
drive and then use the swapon command to use it.  Do this before you start
the installation of LFS packages and you should be alright.

Hope this helps,

Matt.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org