need swap when installing from CD host system?

Eric Miller emiller at techskills.com
Wed Oct 23 08:24:09 PDT 2002

<snip>
>The answers to your next 50 questions are at:
>http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/Bash-Prog-Intro-HOWTO.html
>

>Richard

You are a mindreader.  These are perfect, and I will read the HOWTO for
questions 4-54. :)

One more question:  will I run into problems when I chroot if I don't have a
swap partition set up on the physical disk?  It seems that the CD systems
use RAMdisk for swap (Im guessing) but I am concerned that I will have
problems when I chroot if there is not a swap identified on the HDD.

Any guidance?

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org