script file extension/syntax

Eric Miller emiller at techskills.com
Wed Oct 23 07:43:00 PDT 2002

>This is not as official as it sounds, just something I like making.
>At www.stockwith.co.uk/iso
>
>If you have not got broadband,I send my snail mail too.

Wow, Chris's LFS boot disk is incredible!  There should be a mention of this
in the book, to avoid having to install a host system.  Excellent work,
Chris!

I have another question.  I am attempting to script a portion of the
install, and my scripting experience is with .bat files.  I could create a
.txt file and cut and paste into the console, but if I could save it as a
script, then it would be easier.

What is the file extension for bash scripts, and can I just change the file
extension on a .txt file to that and have it work properly?  Also, what is
the correct path to drop the script in to have it work from the command
line, I think its /bin or /sbin.  Does executing a script in linux require a
special syntax (like @<scriptname>) or do I just type the filename if its in
the right path?

Thanks!

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org