(no subject)

Bill Maltby - LFS Related lfsbill at wlmcs.com
Tue Oct 22 11:07:58 PDT 2002

On Tue, 22 Oct 2002, Ian Molton wrote:

>> >the> script executable and I invoke it with ./scriptname.sh.  Other
>>
>> You need to review man bash. There it talks about execution
>> environments,invocation, inheritance, processes, etc. You need this
>> basic understanding if you wish to avoid appearing *too* foolish. ;)
>
>alternatively, one could give some helpful advice...

I had already read the other reply that gave him the answer he sought. But
the bash man page had not been mentioned. So, for me to repeat what had
already been stated about the operation of the cd command would have been
a waste of his time.

I felt it appropriate to mention the bash page. If I had not already read
the other replies to him, I would have answered the question and *then*
mentioned the bash man page.

--
Bill Maltby
billm at wlmcs.com