Problem when chrooting in Chapter 6

Michael Beuse BadBeu at web.de
Tue Oct 22 08:02:09 PDT 2002

Hi folks,

I have got a BIG problem and dont know how to solve it. I followed the
instructions in chapter 5 very closely and everything went fine. But when I
chroot in the new environment some programs didnt work. In my old Suse 7.3
personal environment they work fine.
I encountered this problem with xargs and find (findutils-4.1) and after
compiling everything once again (I have even reinstalled my building distro
and downloaded everything once again) env (sh-utils-2.0) didnt work.
bash always say that this program isnt there, but ls list it. And the bits
are set correctly (yes, I should be able to execute it) but bash refuses.

Really need help,

Thanks,
        Michael Beuse
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org