(no subject)

Charles Hause rhubarbpie at mail.com
Tue Oct 22 05:01:36 PDT 2002

Greetings:

I'm installing for the first time and things are going well until
chapter 6.  I find I cannot execute the "cd" command from
within a script.  I can "cd" from the command line, but not
with a script.

For instance, if I type cd /bob, I change into the bob directory.  If
I create a script containing cd /bob nothing happens.  I've made the
script executable and I invoke it with ./scriptname.sh.  Other
commands work in scripts but to my knowledge only cd won't work.

Should this be?
http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org