autoconf.h

Jeroen Coumans jeroencoumans at gmx.net
Tue Oct 22 03:08:36 PDT 2002

On Tuesday 22 October 2002 11:24, Andy Campbell wrote:
> At the start of chapter 6 we copy the kernel headers
> to /usr/include and create /usr/include/linux/autoconf.h
> with touch.
>
> After we actually build the kernel, should do this
> again, or at least copy a valid autoconf.h across ?

Nope, IIRC (*) programs which use that autoconf.h are broken and need to
be fixed to search for the correct headers. If it needs autoconf.h then
it needs to link against the current, running kernel, not the headers
against which glibc was build. It should use the symlink in
/lib/modules/`uname -r`/build/.

(*) Check the archives to be sure

--
Groeten/Greetings