chroot: cannot execute binary file

Florian Hess (FLoH) hipabos at web.de
Mon Oct 21 12:48:00 PDT 2002

Matthias Benkmann schrieb:
> On Sun, 20 Oct 2002 19:34:42 +0200 "Florian Hess (FLoH)" <hipabos at web.de>
> wrote:
>
>>pilote:/home/lfs/cmd/ch6# . chroot	#I used Timothy Bauscher's lfscmd-tool to
>

> I don't know anything about lfscmd-tool but the above command tries to

the tool is named 'lfscmd' and is a bash-script. It extracts the
commands from the xml-book. What a pity that it's in beta and remains
^Ms at every line end, I had to delete them manually.

> source the first "chroot" found using PATH, which probably ends up
> sourcing /bin/chroot. If you want to source a script called "chroot" in
> the current directory you have to do
>
> . ./chroot

That's possible. The other command-list files had been executed by

lfs at pilote:/mnt/lfs/usr/src/[package]$ . ~/cmd/ch5/package

I'm eager to try it out. I'll know it tomorrow.

> MSB

Thank you, FLoH.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org