libncurses.a and libcurses.a

Laurence Turpin laurie.turpin at virgin.net
Mon Oct 21 11:34:39 PDT 2002

I have been trying to install linux from scratch by partioning my disk with
two partions and using Mandrake 8.0 as my system that I am going to compile
my linux from scratch code and the other partion that contains linux from
scratch.

I was able to follow the linux from scratch instructions fine up until it
told me to look for the following static libraries.
libncurses.a and libcurses.a
On Mandrake 8.0 I can only find libncurses.so. Which is a shared library.
When I try to compile bash it fails trying to find the lcurses library.
What do I do?
please help

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org