gcc 3.2 compile errors

Chris Lingard chris at stockwith.co.uk
Mon Oct 21 06:36:09 PDT 2002

kaiyi lin wrote:

> `Cause i dont know what the exact problem of gcc 3.2 is. I try now to
> specify option -march=k6-2 to see if it works.

You should not need to do this.  You are probably missing some packages
on your base system.  Bash should have configured and built without
problems.  Check that you have all development packages installed

> One more question, since gcc 3.2 is built in separate directory can I
> keep sources (just rm the building directory) for rebuilding!

Just delete and make directory glibc-build, and start at the configure
line.  The failure may be hardware; if it does it again, just do make
and see if it carries on.  You may have to repeat chapter 5 though
What does uname -a report on your base system?

Chris

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org