chroot: cannot execute binary file

Matthias Benkmann matthias at winterdrache.de
Mon Oct 21 01:56:57 PDT 2002

On Sun, 20 Oct 2002 19:34:42 +0200 "Florian Hess (FLoH)" <hipabos at web.de>
wrote:
> pilote:/home/lfs/cmd/ch6# . chroot	#I used Timothy Bauscher's lfscmd-tool to

I don't know anything about lfscmd-tool but the above command tries to
source the first "chroot" found using PATH, which probably ends up
sourcing /bin/chroot. If you want to source a script called "chroot" in
the current directory you have to do

. ./chroot

MSB

--
Where...the ENIAC is equipped with 18000 vacuum tubes and weighs 30 tons,
computers in the future may have 1000 vacuum tubes and perhaps weigh just

Popular Mechanics, March 1949, p.258

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org