Segmentation fault at boot

Simon Comeau Martel martelsc at videotron.ca
Sun Oct 20 09:18:40 PDT 2002

On Sun, 20 Oct 2002 16:19:34 +0100
Chris Lingard <chris at stockwith.co.uk> wrote:

> Simon Comeau Martel wrote:
>
> > I think I got nothing interresting:
> >
> > root:~# source /etc/sysconfig/rc
> > root:~# source $rc_functions
> > root:~# loadproc syslogd -m 0 -d                 Already running     [
> > ATTN ]
> >
> > root:~# source /etc/sysconfig/rc
> > root:~# source $rc_functions
> > root:~# loadproc klogd -d
> > Segmentation fault
> >
> > So I downloaded and compiled gdb-5.2.1.tar.gz, but witch packages have I
> > to recompile?  Certenly a lot since I stripped everyting... (I wont forgot
> > to remove -s form my CFLAGS ^_^)
>
> You need to build package sysklog;  but you will have to edit the
> Makefile to add a -g  to the CFLAGS;  also delete the -s in LDDFLAGS
> You do not need to install it, it will run straight out of the source
> directory.  When you have done this; open two windows
>
> Do  /etc/rc.d/rc3.d/S10sysklogd  stop
>
> From the source directory of sysklog
> source /etc/sysconfig/rc
> source $rc_functions
> ./syslogd -m 0 -d
>
> In the other window
> gdb  klogd
> run  -d  -n
>
> If it fails try the comands list and bt within gdb;  bt is back trace
>
> If you get stuck then let us know
>
> Chris
> --

Allocated parts table for 1024 file descriptors.
Starting.
Called init.
Called allocate_log, nlogs = -1.
cfline(auth,authpriv.* -/var/log/auth.log)
symbolic name: * ==> 255
symbolic name: auth ==> 32
symbolic name: authpriv ==> 80
leading char in action: /
filename: /var/log/auth.log
Called allocate_log, nlogs = 0.
cfline(*.*;auth,authpriv.none -/var/log/sys.log)
symbolic name: * ==> 255
symbolic name: none ==> 16
symbolic name: auth ==> 32
symbolic name: authpriv ==> 80
leading char in action: /
filename: /var/log/sys.log
Called allocate_log, nlogs = 1.
cfline(daemon.* -/var/log/daemon.log)
symbolic name: * ==> 255
symbolic name: daemon ==> 24
leading char in action: /
filename: /var/log/daemon.log
Called allocate_log, nlogs = 2.
cfline(kern.* -/var/log/kern.log)
symbolic name: * ==> 255
symbolic name: kern ==> 0
leading char in action: /
filename: /var/log/kern.log
Called allocate_log, nlogs = 3.
cfline(mail.* -/var/log/mail.log)
symbolic name: * ==> 255
symbolic name: mail ==> 16
leading char in action: /
filename: /var/log/mail.log
Called allocate_log, nlogs = 4.
cfline(user.* -/var/log/user.log)
symbolic name: * ==> 255
symbolic name: user ==> 8
leading char in action: /
filename: /var/log/user.log
Called allocate_log, nlogs = 5.
cfline(*.emerg *)
symbolic name: emerg ==> 0
leading char in action: *
write-all
Called allocate_log, nlogs = 6.
cfline(cron.* -/var/log/cron.log)
symbolic name: * ==> 255
symbolic name: cron ==> 72
leading char in action: /
filename: /var/log/cron.log
Called allocate_log, nlogs = 7.
cfline(cron.* -/var/log/cron.log)
symbolic name: * ==> 255
symbolic name: cron ==> 72
leading char in action: /
filename: /var/log/cron.log
Opened UNIX socket `/dev/log'.
 0:  X  X  X  X FF  X  X  X  X  X FF  X  X  X  X  X  X  X  X  X  X  X  X  X  X FILE: /var/log/auth.log
 1: FF FF FF FF  X FF FF FF FF FF  X FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FILE: /var/log/sys.log
 2:  X  X  X FF  X  X  X  X  X  X  X  X  X  X  X  X  X  X  X  X  X  X  X  X  X FILE: /var/log/daemon.log
 3: FF  X  X  X  X  X  X  X  X  X  X  X  X  X  X  X  X  X  X  X  X  X  X  X  X FILE: /var/log/kern.log
 4:  X  X FF  X  X  X  X  X  X  X  X  X  X  X  X  X  X  X  X  X  X  X  X  X  X FILE: /var/log/mail.log
 5:  X FF  X  X  X  X  X  X  X  X  X  X  X  X  X  X  X  X  X  X  X  X  X  X  X FILE: /var/log/user.log
 6:  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1 WALL:
 7:  X  X  X  X  X  X  X  X  X FF  X  X  X  X  X  X  X  X  X  X  X  X  X  X  X FILE: /var/log/cron.log
 8:  X  X  X  X  X  X  X  X  X FF  X  X  X  X  X  X  X  X  X  X  X  X  X  X  X FILE: /var/log/cron.log
logmsg: syslog.info<46>, flags 4, from celeron, msg syslogd 1.4.1: restart.
Called fprintlog, logging to FILE /var/log/sys.log
syslogd: restarted.
Debugging disabled, SIGUSR1 to turn on debugging.

Starting program: /home/simon/Linux/Construction/sysklogd-1.4.1/klogd -d  -n
Logging line:
        Line: klogd %s.%s, log source = %s started.
Version string = 132114, Major = 2, Minor = 4, Patch = 18.
Comparing kernel 2.4.19 with symbol table 2.4.18.
Logging line:
        Line: Symbol table has incorrect version number.

Logging line:
        Line: Loaded %d %s from %d module%s

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org