Segmentation fault at boot

Chris Lingard chris at stockwith.co.uk
Sun Oct 20 08:19:34 PDT 2002

Simon Comeau Martel wrote:

> I think I got nothing interresting:
>
> root:~# source /etc/sysconfig/rc
> root:~# source $rc_functions
> root:~# loadproc syslogd -m 0 -d                 Already running     [
> ATTN ]
>
> root:~# source /etc/sysconfig/rc
> root:~# source $rc_functions
> root:~# loadproc klogd -d
> Segmentation fault
>
> So I downloaded and compiled gdb-5.2.1.tar.gz, but witch packages have I
> to recompile?  Certenly a lot since I stripped everyting... (I wont forgot
> to remove -s form my CFLAGS ^_^)

You need to build package sysklog;  but you will have to edit the
Makefile to add a -g  to the CFLAGS;  also delete the -s in LDDFLAGS
You do not need to install it, it will run straight out of the source
directory.  When you have done this; open two windows

Do  /etc/rc.d/rc3.d/S10sysklogd  stop

>From the source directory of sysklog
source /etc/sysconfig/rc
source $rc_functions
./syslogd -m 0 -d

In the other window
gdb  klogd
run  -d  -n

If it fails try the comands list and bt within gdb;  bt is back trace

If you get stuck then let us know

Chris

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org