The SPUs seem to become VERY irrealistic

Florian Hess (FLoH) hipabos at web.de
Sun Oct 20 06:38:45 PDT 2002

Gerard Beekmans schrieb:
> On October 19, 2002 04:58 am, Florian Hess (FLoH) wrote:
>

>>Eh? Glibc is installed in the chroot in ch6 - with the compiler
>>already installed. No Glibc before compiler, or am I wrong?
>

> You could just continue LFS and when you get to the next big package, which is
> Glibc, you can re-measure the SBU values you get from it and see how they
> hold up.

Therefore you suggest skipping the gcc-stage? So how to compile in the
chroot environment :-). Anyhow, I have compiled gcc once more, over a
very uneasy night, for 9h06m37s (SBU_large_packages=3460s), and 5:11
am I could switch off the computer and the enerving hdd swapping.
Nevertheless I couldn't fall asleep after that. But the compiling
seemed to be successful (type "... && date" - if there is a date
before the prompt then all is well done.).

What's about the gcc/cc linking? Not ./ggc is symlink as you described
it in the book, but ./cc (->gcc). I think that's a bug, isn't it?

FLoH.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org