Segmentation fault at boot

Simon Comeau Martel martelsc at videotron.ca
Sun Oct 20 06:32:42 PDT 2002

On Sun, 20 Oct 2002 09:45:23 +0100
Chris Lingard <chris at stockwith.co.uk> wrote:

> Simon Comeau Martel wrote:
>
> > Starting system log daemon...                                        [  OK
> >  ] Starting kernel log daemon...
> > /etc/rc.d/rc3.d/S10sysklogd: line 17:   262 Segmentation fault
> > "[FAILED]
>
> OK.  We need to test what is causing the segmentation fault.  Open two
> windows, and as root do
>
> source /etc/sysconfig/rc
> source $rc_functions
> loadproc syslogd -m 0 -d
>
> Then in the other window
> source /etc/sysconfig/rc
> source $rc_functions
> loadproc klogd -d
>
> At either loadproc you may get a segmentation fault, or error messages.
>
> If you get no useful output, and want to test further; please download
> package gdb; as we will need a de-bugger, and rebuild the package to
> find out where it is failing.
>
> Chris
> --

I think I got nothing interresting:

root:~# source /etc/sysconfig/rc
root:~# source $rc_functions
root:~# loadproc syslogd -m 0 -d                 Already running     [ ATTN ]

root:~# source /etc/sysconfig/rc
root:~# source $rc_functions
root:~# loadproc klogd -d
Segmentation fault

So I downloaded and compiled gdb-5.2.1.tar.gz, but witch packages have I to recompile?  Certenly a lot since I stripped everyting... (I wont forgot to remove -s form my CFLAGS ^_^)
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org