Segmentation fault at boot

Chris Lingard chris at stockwith.co.uk
Sun Oct 20 01:45:23 PDT 2002

Simon Comeau Martel wrote:

> Starting system log daemon...                                        [  OK
>  ] Starting kernel log daemon...
> /etc/rc.d/rc3.d/S10sysklogd: line 17:   262 Segmentation fault
> "[FAILED]

OK.  We need to test what is causing the segmentation fault.  Open two
windows, and as root do

source /etc/sysconfig/rc
source $rc_functions
loadproc syslogd -m 0 -d

Then in the other window
source /etc/sysconfig/rc
source $rc_functions
loadproc klogd -d

At either loadproc you may get a segmentation fault, or error messages.

If you get no useful output, and want to test further; please download
package gdb; as we will need a de-bugger, and rebuild the package to
find out where it is failing.

Chris

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org