Access Denied when running ./configure

Ibrahim Shaame ishaame at hispeed-sr.ch
Sat Oct 19 14:15:29 PDT 2002

Hello everybody,
   I am trying to start installing lfs. I log in(also tried by su) as
user lfs. I want to start to install the static part. When in the
directory of bash-2.05a and trying to run:
"./configure --enable-static-link --prefix=$LFS/static --enable-ncurses &&
make &&
make install"
I get two lines of messages :
./configure:conf1956.file: Permission denied
./configure:config.log: Permission denied

Same message when I try the operation by logging in as root!

Could anyone tell me what should I do.

my system is :
Intel Celeron 600
Slackware 8.0