Segmentation fault at boot

Simon Comeau Martel martelsc at videotron.ca
Sat Oct 19 12:14:15 PDT 2002

On Sat, 19 Oct 2002 13:13:26 +0100
Chris Lingard <chris at stockwith.co.uk> wrote:

> You need to check why it thinks that the system log is already running.

The system log is alredy running, because it start at boot...  I re-runed the script after login-in to copy and past the Segmentation fault I get at boot...

If I use restart instead of start:

root:~# /etc/rc.d/rc3.d/S10sysklogd restart
Stopping kernel log daemon...                    Not running         [ ATTN ]
Stopping system log daemon...                                        [  OK  ]
Starting system log daemon...                                        [  OK  ]
Starting kernel log daemon...
/etc/rc.d/rc3.d/S10sysklogd: line 17:   262 Segmentation fault      "[FAILED]
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org