The SPUs seem to become VERY irrealistic

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Oct 19 08:23:21 PDT 2002

On October 19, 2002 04:58 am, Florian Hess (FLoH) wrote:
> So I'll do another try *sigh*. By the way: where does the compiler
> store the compiled files before they are installed by 'make install'?

In the gcc-build directory that you created.

> On the host or on the lfs system? And where, there? Should I delete
> them before trying once more?

Yes always delete the gcc-* directories after you've used them. That's always
the safest thing to do if in doubt.

> Eh? Glibc is installed in the chroot in ch6 - with the compiler
> already installed. No Glibc before compiler, or am I wrong?

You could just continue LFS and when you get to the next big package, which is
Glibc, you can re-measure the SBU values you get from it and see how they
hold up.

> What a difference! :-|

Yeah there are just limits to how much you can squeeze out of an older system.

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org